Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Riva Berlin - Worlds Best Bar

For a change we decided to focus outsite India on Riva Berlin



Chic cocktail bar in ultra hip Mitte, cordoned off with thick dark curtains and named, rather oddly, after the 1970s Italian football star Luigi Riva. (Maybe there just wasn't call for a bar called Beckenbauer in Berlin.) Dark and moody, it's an odd tunnel-like space with a curved ceiling painted in bright red, yellow and purple squares. The oval-shaped centrepiece bar is all designer glitz and perfect for perching yourself at since you get to see most of the babes in the room, but leather benches run along the walls and give a good view too. Riva's picture hangs behind the bar meanwhile, begging the question: have the models in here come to gaze at the Italian Stallion or to sample the exotic selection of martinis and champagne cocktails? You decide.



Excert from review
Last Saturday my husband and I dropped into Riva Bar. A few days before I took a look at the Berlin bars ín your pages and finally decided on Riva. My impression of this bar was excellent. I liked its decor and style very much. Especially its design in the seventies style was to my taste. Although summer time is not the best time to visit bars it was well attended. I will always remember the terrace and its magnificent view. Riva Bar is a distinguished and stylish place with an appealing design, perfect service and high quality drinks. I can recommend it.by: Dr. Hochstätter, 25 August 2008

No comments:

About Me